Ayurvedic treatments are the world’s oldest holistic healing systems. It was developed more than 3,000 years ago in South Asia. It’s based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Its main goal is to promote good health, not fight disease. But Sri Lankan Traditional Ayurvedic Treatments always encourage both promoting good health and preventing diseases. There fore most of people in the world believe our medicine along with Sri Lanka Tradition and the Culture.
The meaning of “Ayurveda”
Welcome to the world of Sri Lankan Traditional Ayurvedic Treatments. It translates, literally, as “knowledge of long life” and comes from the Sanskrit words-m ‘ayur’ (life) and ‘veda’ (knowledge or science), first appearing in sacred Proto-Hindu texts known as the Vedas in the second millennium BC. Today many people all over the world follow the practices of this ancient medicine and Ayurveda is often used to cure a range of conditions, but to find a holistic way to achieve better health.
Best Sri Lankan Ayurvedic Hotels and Resorts
- Heritance Ayurveda – Heritance Ayurveda Maha Gedara, a Beruwela wellness retreat, offers an ideal setting for those wanting to de-stress, detox and rejuvenate within a nurturing environment that promotes Ayurvedic wellness, yoga and guided meditation. An original creation of the late Geoffrey Bawa, the resort is set amidst sprawling six-acre gardens scattered with swaying palms and lush tropical foliage leading to the Indian Ocean.
- Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions – As a best hospitality partner this hotel dedicated to the art of Ayurveda, this not only features a host of modern hotel amenities, but also a number of dedicated facilities such as Ayurveda Therapy Centers, a team of experienced Ayurvedic doctors, an on-site Ayurveda pharmacy, as well as a swimming pool, and more.
- Barberyn Ayurvedic Resorts – This hotel chain offers you 3 locations to take their amazing service. Their beautiful resorts create a healing space where guests and staff come together to practice Ayurveda, Yoga, Meditation and share the wisdom of the East and the West.
- Siddhalepa Resort – The Siddhalepa Hospital provides Ayurveda treatments to ailments such as arthritis and phlegm. Stress relief medication & beauty care products are also available while using natural ingredients and keeping to ISO standards.
- Nature Lanka Ayurvedic Health Resort – It is a serene Ayurvedic resort located one side by the sea and other side is a greenish mini jungle of its own. The tranquil ambiance freshens both the body and the soul of anyone entering this property. The Centre has extensive facilities for providing Ayurvedic Panchakarma & Wellness treatment programs backed by a team of Ayurveda doctors and male/female masseurs. Panchakarma and Wellness treatments are the highlights of Nature Lanka.