Gem and Jewel Tours
Sri Lanka is earlier known popularly as “Rathna Deepa” which implies the meaning of the gem destination. True, this island consists of many numbers of gems for affordable prices. Buying gemstones from Sri Lanka, is cheaper than buying Sri Lankan gemstones in a foreign country. For Gems, Ratnapura has been the main source for many centuries and most of the Country’s gem dealers are located in this town. Not only Gems but also the Jewelry made with designer’s choices. With this you will get the opportunity to experience the gem mining and the…
Sri Lanka is earlier known popularly as “Rathna Deepa” which implies the meaning of the gem destination. True, this island consists of many numbers of gems for affordable prices.
Buying gemstones from Sri Lanka, is cheaper than buying Sri Lankan gemstones in a foreign country. For Gems, Ratnapura has been the main source for many centuries and most of the Country’s gem dealers are located in this town.
Not only Gems but also the Jewelry made with designer’s choices. With this you will get the opportunity to experience the gem mining and the lives of gem miners too. We aim to get to know our clients and their desires first. We would love to offer you a high-quality product and a very personal service. It’s your tour, you say exactly what you want. We just guide to choose best gems and Jewelry at a price to suit your pocket.
Popular Gemstones Found in Sri Lanka
Corundum, Blue Sapphire, Ruby, Padparadscha, Yello Sapphire, Geuda, Spinel, Tourmaline, Garnet, Beryl
IncludeAll government taxesEnglish-speaking driverPrivate luxury vehicle (A/C)Accommodation on B&BAssistance at the AirportAirport pick up and drop off
Not IncludedEarly check in chargesLate check outs chargesCamera and Video permitsTravel InsurancePersonal expensesSightseeing entrance chargesVisa & Airfare
Day 1: Arrival / Sigiriya
- Arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport. Our representative will meet you with the paging board. You will proceed to Sigiriya which will be your first destination in Sri Lanka.
- En-route visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Once there, you can take the traditional Sri Lankan Village tour and experience the sightseeing of paddy fields, bullock cart ride, Traditional catamaran ride in a lake, visit to a chena cultivation, traditional cooking demonstration in a rural village house and authentic Sri Lankan lunch.
- In evening you will climb up Sigiriya Rock Fortress where you can see a classic example for Sri Lankan ancient architecture & talent of the people.
- Overnight Stay at Aliya Resort
Day 2: Kandy
- Next day you will visit Kandy which is famous for scared Buddhist sites. En-route you will stop at Matale to explore a batik factory and learn the art of traditional batik printing.
- Next you will visit to gem museum & a most stunning jewels shop and Arts & Crafts showroom.
- Late afternoon you will proceed to Temple of Scared Tooth Relic and witness a cultural pageant highlighting various up-country dance forms, including a fire walking display.
- Overnight stay at Golden Crown
Day 3: Ratnapura
- After the breakfast, you will head towards Ratnapura, the Centre of a long-established industry of precious stone mining including rubies, sapphires, and other gems.
- Evening you will visit a precious stone mine in Ratnapura.
- Overnight stay at Serenity Boutique hotel
Day 4: Ratnapura
- On day 4th, we will take you to a gem market and also to visit the gemological museum.
- Then you will pay a visit to Sri Sankapala Raja Maha Viharaya and Katugas Ella waterfall.
- Overnight stay at Serenity Boutique hotel
Day 5: Galle
- Next day morning you will visit Galle, the European city in Sri Lanka.
- Climb Roomassala and enjoy the Jungle beach which is a pretty bay nestled in a forested area
- Visit famous Galle Fort, gem shops and walk around the old fort walls and
- Watch Sunset from Galle Fort Wall and enjoy live seafood in evening.
- Overnight stay at Amari Galle
Day 6: Colombo
- On day 6th you reach Colombo, commercial city of Sri Lanka.
- En-route take the Madu river boat ride at Bentota.
- Explore Galle face Green, Old Parliment and Dutch museum in Colombo.
- If you like to do last minute shopping with your loved ones, this is the best location.
- Overnight stay at Fairway Colombo
Day 7: Departure
- Last day our guide will take you to the airport.
- At the end of your wonderful tour with Ceylon Empire Travels, you will say Good Bye to Sri Lanka.