Both Sri Lanka and Ceylon Empire travels offer you an opportunity with the ultimate spiritual travel experience in Asia.
The Ramayana is an ancient Sanskrit epic attributed to the poet Valmiki and an important part of the Hindu canon. Sri Lanka has a special relationship with India geographically, historically, culturally and spiritually. Ramayana is one of the links that has connected with this relationship. Also, there are many destinations in Sri Lanka which are connected to the Ramayana epic. Ramayana tour is exclusively for religious and spiritual Hindus, but if you are interested to explore their culture, Sri Lanka is a best place in the world.
The Ramayana is an ancient Indian epic, composed some time in the 5th century BCE, about the exile and then return of Rama, prince of Ayodhya. It was composed in Sanskrit by the sage Valmiki, who taught it to Rama’s sons, the twins Lava and Kush. At about 24000 verses, it is a rather long poem and, by tradition, is known as the Adi Kavya (adi = original, first; kavya = poem). While the basic story is about palace politics and battles with demon tribes, the narrative is interspersed with philosophy, ethics, and notes on duty. While in that other Indian epic, the Mahabharata, the characters are presented with all their human follies and failings, the Ramayana leans more towards an ideal state of things: Rama is the ideal son and king, Sita the ideal wife, Hanuman the ideal devotee, Lakshman and Bharat the ideal brothers, and even Ravana, the demon villian, is not entirely despicable.
IncludeAll government taxesEnglish-speaking driverPrivate luxury vehicle (A/C)Accommodation on B&BAssistance at the AirportAirport pick up and drop off
Not IncludedEarly check in chargesLate check outs chargesCamera and Video permitsTravel InsurancePersonal expensesSightseeing entrance chargesVisa & Airfare
Day 1: Arriva l/ Negombo
- Arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport. Our representative will meet you with the paging board.
- You will stay at Negombo which will be your first Ramayana destination in Sri Lanka.
- You will visit Munneshwaram Temple, the place where King Rama prayed to Shiva asking for remedies after committing ‘Brahmahasti’ the biggest crime according to the Hindu Darma.
- Later you will explore Manavari Temple, where Lord Rama installed his first lingam as Lord Shiva advised.
- In evening you can take the Negombo city tour.
- Overnight Stay at Amagi Aria Resort
Day 2: Anuradhapura
- After having breakfast, you will proceed to Anuradhapura which was the first kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka.
- You will visit Ritigala. Ritigala has 70 caves, is associated with the episode in the Ramayana
- Later you will enter to Isurumuniya, a charming rock temple and explore one enigmatic rock-cut sculpture “The Man and Horse” which is related to Ramayana Epic.
- Overnight Stay at Rajarata Hotel.
Day 3: Jaffna
- Early morning you will head towards Jaffna Peninsula, region of Hindu Traditions.
- You will visit Nallur Kandasami Temple which is a landmark of Tamil Hindu cultural pride.
- Next you will explore Naguleshvaram Kovil in Keerimalai and Nagapushani Amman on Nainativu Island.
- Overnight Stay at Jetwing Jaffna
Day 4: Trincomalee
- On day 4th you will proceed to Trincomalee and visit Thiru Koneshwaram.
- You will pay a visit to Sri Shankari Devi Shakthi Pitam close to Koneshvaram and the Lakshmi Narayana Perumal Kovil in Nilaveli.
- In Evening you will relax with the best sounds of the sea and enjoy the hotel atmosphere.
- Overnight Stay at Trinco Blue by Cinnamon
Day 5: Trincomalee
- After the breakfast, you will experience the hot wells of Kanniyai. Pilgrims believe in the Kanniyai springs' healing power.
- Explore the Nilaveli beach and Pigeon Island.
- Overnight Stay at Trinco Blue by Cinnamon
Day 6: Sigiriya
- Early morning you will proceed to Sigiriya and climb up Sigiriya Rock Fortress where you can see a classic example for Sri Lankan ancient architecture & talent of the people.
- You can explore Cobra Cave Temple which is located within the boulder garden of Sigiriya Rock Fortress complex.
- Enjoy the Jeep Safari ride in Minneriya National Park, Asia’s largest elephant gathering area.
- Overnight Stay at Aliya Resort
Day 7: Kandy
- Next day you will visit Kandy. En route you can visit, Dambulla Cave Temple.
- In evening you will proceed to Temple of Scared Tooth Relic and enjoy the Sri Lankan traditional cultural dance.
- If you are a nature lover you can visit Peradeniya Botanical Garden as well.
- Overnight stay at Golden Crown
Day 8: Nuwara Eliya
Day 9: Ella
- Next day you will visit Ella enclosed by wilderness, dotted with tea plantations, and home to gorgeous waterfalls.
- Enjoy the Ella rock trail around 4 hours.
- Overnight Stay at Hotel Chill Ville
Day 10: Ella
- After the breakfast, you can climb Ravana Ella Cave which is a massive creation by King Ravana.
- In evening you will visit famous Nine Arch Bridge which is flanked by verdant forests and tea plantation, standing proudly across the valley below
- Overnight stay at Hotel Chill Ville
Day 11: Yala
- Next day you will proceed to Yala and visit Kadiragamar Temple which is a temple complex dedicated to Buddhist guardian deity Kataragama deviyo and Hindu War God Murugan.
- In evening take the Jeep Safari ride and enter to the Yala National Park, the second largest National Park in Sri Lanka.
- Overnight stay at Grand Tamarind Lake
Day 12: Galle
- After the breakfast, you will head towards Galle, the European city in Sri Lanka.
- Climb Roomassala and enjoy the Jungle beach which is a pretty bay nestled in a forested area
- Visit famous Galle Fort and walk around the old fort walls.
- Watch Sunset from Galle Fort Wall and enjoy different food in evening.
- Overnight stay at Grand Tam
Day 13: Colombo
- Next day morning you will reach Colombo, commercial city of Sri Lanka.
- Visit Gangarama Buddhist Temple, one of the most prominent Buddhist Temples in Colombo city as well as the Anjaneyar Temple.
- Explore Galle face Green, Old Parliment and Dutch museum in Colombo.
- If you like to do last minute shopping with your loved ones, this is the best location.
- Overnight stay at Fairway Colombo
Day 14: Departure
- Last day our guide will take you to the airport.
- At the end of your wonderful tour with Ceylon Empire Travels, you will say Good Bye to Sri Lanka.